If you have a safeguarding concern about a child, please ask to speak to a DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead). If you have a concern out of school hours, contact CSC on 0300 123 6720 or out of hours 0300 123 6722. The police should be contacted if a child is in immediate danger.
St John's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We believe that children have the right to be happy, to be safe and to learn, and that we all have the responsibility to make this happen.
We will ensure that:
- The welfare of the child remains paramount.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and / or sexual identity have the right to be protected from harm.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly.
- All staff and volunteers working at our school have a responsibility to report concerns to the named Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs Sweeney-Williams, Miss Catherine Roberts, Mrs Aspinwall-Livesey, Mrs Green.
Mrs Sweeney-Williams is also the Designated Teacher for Children Looked After (CLA/LAC) and Miss Catherine Roberts is the back-up designated person. Our Chair of Governors is the named governor for both Safeguarding and CLA.
Our safeguarding policies cover all areas of school life and include:
- Staff and Visitors - ensuring they are vetted, informed and trained appropriately.
- Children’s Behaviour - promoting safer and happier behaviours and lifestyles.
- Parents and Carers - promoting links and supporting families.
- Premises - keeping them safe, pleasant and fit for purpose.
- Curriculum - providing positive, learning experiences.
- Outside School- ensuring safer activities and environments outside school.
Child Protection is within our Safeguarding Policy; all staff have an up-to-date understanding of child protection issues and are able to implement the 'Safeguarding and Child Protection' policy and procedure appropriately. Policies are in line with current guidance and procedures.
Please read our safeguarding policies within the Statutory Information section for further information > POLICIES
Useful Safeguarding Websites